Root Canal Therapy
Why Do You Need a Root Canal?
Keep your natural teeth for life.
The most important reason is you’ll keep your natural teeth, which will always triumph over artificial teeth. How so?
“It’s Truly an Experience To Be a Patient”
“It is one thing to just ‘go to the dentist’, but it is truly an experience to be a patient of Dr Ayers. He and his entire staff are by far in a league of their own. Not only are they all top notch quality professionals, but their caring personalities are second to none.”
– Lori H., Actual Patient at ProGrin Dental of Greenville
Have Questions About Root Canals?
- What can I expect during the root canal procedure?
While it sounds scary, a root canal procedure is pretty simple (especially under the care of our expert dentists).
- First, we’ll diagnose if you need this endodontic procedure by using our latest technology, such as our intraoral camera
- We’ll go inside the tooth and remove the diseased pulp (tooth nerve) and any infected tissue
- After removing all the infection, we’ll disinfect the inside of the tooth and seal it up with a unique dental material.
- Once sealed, our dentist will place a crown to safeguard the tooth
During this process, we’ll make sure you’re comfortable throughout the entire procedure and don’t feel any pain.
- How successful are root canals?
Root canals are highly successful with a 95% success rate. With the proper hygiene maintenance and consistent dental visits, a root canal can last for the rest of your life.
- What happens if I put off this procedure?
The longer you put off a root canal, the greater chance the tooth may not survive and will need to be extracted to protect your oral health. An extraction may lead to future dental problems (shifting teeth, bite problems, etc.), and may cost you more money in the long run.
We invite you to read our blog to learn 3 extremely useful resources to know everything about root canals.