The temperature drops, the sun sets early, and Halloween movies start showing up on the Hallmark Channel. Okay, well maybe it’s a little too soon for that but Starbucks doesn’t seem to think so. Today Starbucks brings their beloved Pumpkin Spice Lattes back for another round.
In fact, the drink is back, setting a record-breaking early release, four weeks before the official first day of fall.
Lucky for you Pumpkin Spice lovers, you don’t have to go very far to satisfy your cravings. Thanks to Diethood, we are sharing how you can make your own fall party in the comfort of your own home.
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 shots of espresso or 1 cup of hot brewed strong coffee
- sugar, to taste
- whipped cream
- nutmeg, to garnish
- In a saucepan whisk together milk, pumpkin puree, and light brown sugar.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until hot and steamy.
- Remove from heat, whisk in the pumpkin pie spice and the vanilla.
- Continue to whisk until frothy.
- Pour into 2 coffee mugs about halfway up, then add in the espresso or coffee.
- At this point you can add some granulated sugar, to taste.
- Garnish with whipped cream and a sprinkle of nutmeg.
If using a microwave
- Pour the milk, pumpkin puree, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla into a microwave-safe bowl.
- Cook for 1 minute to 1 minute 30, or until the milk starts to rise up and is frothy.
- Pour into a mug, add the coffee, garnish with whipped cream and nutmeg.
Not only is this recipe easy, but it’s also done in the comfort of your own home so you can kick up your feet and watch those Halloween movies.
And if making your own homemade coffee is not your cup of tea (pun intended), then come visit any of our ProGrin locations to enjoy our in-office cafe. We have special Keurig cups with different flavors. And if you’re not a coffee fan there is always delicious hot chocolate to help satisfy your sweet tooth.