A Day in the Lives of Your Greenville SC Dental Assistants
We’re thrilled to celebrate our talented and hard-working dental assistants for Dental Assistant Recognition Week, March 6-12, 2016! Check out our amazing Greenville SC dental assistants!
Our Greenillve SC dental practice wouldn’t function effectively without our caring and friendly dental assistants! They greet and care for our valued patients and perform many of the vital day-to-day activities that keep our practice running smoothly!
You’ve met Caitlin and Megan during your appointments, but you may not realize all of the things they do for you (and us!) throughout their day! Here’s a glimpse into a day in the lives of your favorite Greenville SC dental assistants:
- assisting the dentist during a variety of treatment procedures
- taking and developing dental radiographs (x-rays)
- asking about the patient’s medical history and taking blood pressure and pulse
- serving as an infection control officer, developing infection control protocol and preparing and sterilizing instruments and equipment
- helping patients feel comfortable before, during and after dental treatment
- providing patients with instructions for oral care following surgery or other dental treatment procedures, such as the placement of a restoration (filling)
- teaching patients appropriate oral hygiene strategies to maintain oral health;
(e.g., tooth brushing, flossing and nutritional counseling)
- taking impressions of patients’ teeth for study casts (models of teeth)
- performing office management tasks that often require the use of a personal computer
- communicating with patients and suppliers (e.g., scheduling appointments, answering the telephone, billing and ordering supplies)
- helping to provide direct patient care in all dental specialties, including orthodontics, pediatric dentistry, periodontics and oral surgery
Above all else, Megan and Cailtin are keenly interested in keeping you comfortable and informed throughout your visits!
We’re thrilled to celebrate our dental assistants this week! Dr. Ayers and the entire team at ProGrin Dental would like to invite you to get to know them during your next visit – whether you’re a new patient or a long-time friend!
Celebrate Dental Assistant Recognition Week with us – tell Megan and Caitlin how much you appreciate them in the comments below! Also visit our Google+ Page to give us a review!