Essential oils have gotten a lot of publicity recently for their surprising health benefits and more natural approach to traditional medicinal practices. Did you know that some essential oils are even good for oral health? We can get behind that!
Below are some of the most popular essential oils for a healthy mouth from your Greenville dentist, Dr. Ayers.
- Cinnamon: a natural antibacterial potion that promotes healthy gums and teeth.
- Peppermint: there are many recipes out there for homemade tooth paste and peppermint oil is usually the key ingredient because it kills anaerobic bacteria found in bad breath.
- Spearmint: natural antiseptic for the mouth. Dab onto mouth sores for a speedier recovery!
- Myrrh: promotes blood flow in gums and helps to heal ulcers faster
- Clove: Numbs the area around the mouth if you are in pain after a dental procedure
Now you know! Essential oils do more than treat skin ailments; they are also a wonderful addition to your dental hygiene routine. Call your Greenville dentist, Dr. Ayers if you have any questions about your dental routine.