Celebrate National Flossing Day with the Best Dentist in Greenville, SC Dr. Ayers
Do you faithfully floss every day? Or, do you neglect flossing throughout the year, except for the week of your dental hygiene appointment?
“You cannot effectively vacuum a house with only one attachment. You need other attachments to get into the nooks and crannies. That’s what floss does.”
– ADA Spokesman Richard Price, DMD
If your flossing routine isn’t exactly regular, pledge to start fresh this Friday, November 27, 2015 – it’s National Flossing Day! (Secretly, Dr. Ayers and the entire team here at ProGrin Dental would love it if every day was Flossing Day – but we’ll take what we can get.)
Brushing alone only cleans about two thirds of the surfaces of your teeth. Flossing is vital! If you’re not sure if you’re flossing correctly, check out this infographic for easy step-by-step instructions:
How to floss properly:
- Use about 18 inches of floss and wrap one end around your middle finger, with the rest wrapped around the opposite middle finger.
- Pinch the floss tightly between thumbs and forefingers and gently insert it between your teeth.
- When the floss reaches the gum line, curve the floss into a “C” shape against the side of the tooth.
- Rub the floss gently up and down, keeping it pressed against the tooth.
Book your next hygiene appointment with the best dentist in Greenville, SC Dr. Ayers at 864-761-0123 and impress us with your mad flossing skills!
Check out our social media pages too to follow all the hilarious, adorable moments from our office!
At ProGrin Dental, you can expect nothing but a patient-first experience. Go ahead. Call us “patient-obsessed.” From the hours of training our staff participates in, to the comfy chairs in our waiting room, we are committed to you– and that’s the way we like it! No wonder we love the best dentist in Greenville, SC Dr. Ayers